I have always been organized.
Growing up as a “military brat” in the United States, my family moved every few years, so organization was not just a goal for our family, but a way of life. With nearly 30 addresses over the course of my life so far, including in Australia and The Netherlands, I’ve been consistently challenged to devise new solutions to the “problem of stuff.” Not surprisingly, my professional life to-date reflects my early introduction to skills such as order and efficiency! Before starting sorted. I worked for 20+ years with non-profits, corporates and start-ups managing information and systems, creating and improving processes and coordinating events and office moves. Gradually, over the course of much trial and error and soul searching, and through the eyes of those around me, I was lucky enough to discover what I am truly passionate about—organizing.
I’ve lived in The Netherlands for the last 12 years with my Dutch husband (discovered in Australia!) and, more recently, our two school-age daughters. As a former ex-pat who now calls Holland home, and as a working mother and partner, I understand the unique stresses and needs of those who may be re-locating far from family and friends, or going through other significant life changes. Everywhere I look I see opportunities to make transitions and spaces more restful, peaceful, and efficient. We are all busy people in a busy world. Organizing our home and workspace is so much more important than we realize: often the simplest solutions lead to emotional, practical, and even fiscal clarity.
Nederlands Beroepsverenginig van Professional Organizers (NBPO), Utrecht, The Netherlands
- Basic-training course Professional Organizer, September/October 2015
School voor Organizing, Utrecht, The Netherlands
- Powerday for Professional Organizers, December 2015
- The four success factors of guidance, February 2016
- Entrepreneurs mornings for Professional Organizers
- participant January-May 2016
- Presenter: “Digitaal bij blijven”, May 2016
- Workshop Host: “Boost je Facebook Businesspagina”, February 2017
Organizing Academie, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Getting Things Done (David Allen) Training, May 2016
Zaai Haarlemmermeer, Hoofddorp, The Netherlands
- Participant, Winter 2016 – Spring 2017
- Masterclasses: Social Media, Constructive Negotiation, Visible with Online Video
SPARK 2017: Passion, Purpose, Profitability, Conference, Amsterdam, The Netherlands 27-28 March 2017
- Presenter: The More of Less (When Organizing Your Business)